1. “Tawag ng Tanghalan” is solo vocal competition to be held on Friday, March 30, 2012 at 8:00PM at the Sinagtala Theater, 14301 Nine Eagles Drive, Tampa, Florida 33626. It is open to any Filipino-American, 16 years or older. Each contestant may or may not represent a Filipino-American organization, county or state and must not have won first prize in any past “Tawag ng Tanghalan” competition at PhilFest 2012.
2. Each contestant may have a live accompanist or a recorded accompaniment (CD only). If using a live accompanist, please inform the contest coordinators beforehand to arrange for proper sound amplification if needed. If using a CD accompaniment, please indicate your name and the track number that is to be played. CD accompaniments must be submitted prior to the contest proper.
3. Computation of scores will be according to criteria set by a panel of judges. Winners will be announced at the end of the competition. The decision of the panel of judges is final. Cash and other valuable prizes will be awarded to the winners and runner-ups:
First Prize: $500
2nd Prize: $300
3rd Prize: $200
The first prize winner may be invited to perform at the succeeding festival days.
4. Contestants and winners will NOT be provided with complimentary passes or any special privileges to the festival.
5. All interested contestants MUST complete the Contest Entry Form in order to be eligible for the competition. This must be sent by mail to:
Tawag ng Tanghalan
Bayanihan Arts and Events Center
14301 Nine Eagles Drive
Tampa, FL 33626
Or via fax at (813) 818-9599
by Friday, March 23, 2012 at 5:00PM. Only the first 12 applicants will be eligible to participate due to competition time constraints. Please call (813) 925-1232 or email email@example.com to receive the form via fax. It can also be downloaded from our website at www.pcfitampa.org.
Download application form here:
You must have Adobe PDF Reader to view this document
PhilFest 2012 is brought to you by:
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites